A classic style mesh dog harness for smaller dogs and puppies. Ideally suited for Chihuahuas, cats and other small dogs up to a small Spaniel or French Bulldog size.
The harnesses have a fixed size hole for the head so they are easy to fit. Just pull it over the dog's head, put the leg through and clip the buckle to fasten.
Please see images for instructions. They are suited for dogs that do not pull a great deal and/or do not produce a huge amount of pulling force when out on a walk.
If you require a more heavy duty harness or a no pull dog harness then please click here.
As they are soft and well designed they will not cause chafing or rubbing, which can cause sores.These are extra soft dog harnesses designed for smaller dog breeds up to small spaniel and also work really well for cats.
The main fabrics and materials used
Truelove have produced a dog harness that consists of a breathable and light soft mesh material. They are Ideal for puppies or smaller dog breeds from Chihuahua up to Spaniel.
There is quite a lot of adjustment in the chest/body strap so they are also ideal for dogs like pugs and those with wider chests. These soft Truelove dog harnesses are great value and are designed for dogs that do not pull hard on the lead when out on a walk. The design means that the chest is fully covered and this focuses any pulling forces on the chest area and not the neck.
Please see the size chart below as a guide. We have a choice of red, pink, blue, brown, purple, black, orange and green.
|Size||Neck (cm / inches)||Chest (cm / inches)|
|x small (v small chihuahua, puppy)||18 - 23 cm / 7 - 9 inches||28 - 33 cm / 11 - 13 inches|
|small (chihuahua, small yorkshire terrier)||23 - 28 cm / 9 - 11 inches||36 - 41 cm / 14 - 16 inches|
|medium (jack russell, shih Tzu)||28 - 33 cm / 11 - 13 inches||41 - 48 cm / 16 - 19 inches|
|large (cavalier spaniel, pug)||33 - 38 cm / 13 - 15 inches||48 - 58 cm / 19 - 23 inches|
|x large (spaniel / french bulldog)||38 - 43 cm / 15 - 18 inches||51 - 74 cm / 20 - 29 inches|
Please use the size chart as a guide only. If you are looking for an extra small dog harness for say a Chihuahua or puppy then our x small or small sized product should be a good fit. However, do check the size of your dog against the size chart before ordering.
Are they easy to fit?
Yes. To fit the harness, all you have to do is:
- Undo the buckle on the side of the harness
- Place the neck part over your dog's head so the black logo is on the dog's chest and the silver ring lead attachment is on top and at the centre of your dog's shoulders.
- Put one leg through the strap and then clip the buckle on the side to secure
If the harness is too loose or too tight, please adjust the strap until it is tight but comfortable for your dog. As you walk your dog, the harness can move side to side slightly but should not be so loose that it rotates and moves to the side of the body.
Before you order please do the following:
1. Take a tape measure and run it around your dog's head (yes, the head and not the neck) so you are measuring from the top of the head all the way round to the top again (circumference) Make a note of this measurement.
2. Then run the tape around the dog's neck and again, this is from the top all the way to the top again - make a note of this measurement.
3. Finally, take the tape and measure the girth around your dog's chest so that means running the tape from the top of your dogs back (in between shoulder blades all the way round the body, just behind the front legs and then back up to the shoulder blades again. Make a note of this measurement.
Then, take these last two measurements (neck and chest) and compare them to the size table above. And just to make sure that the harness will go over your dog's head easily, look at the neck measurement again and compare that to your dog's head measurement. If your dog's head measurement is less (not as big) as the neck measurement then this means that the harness will go over your dog's head.
If you have a dog with a 31 cm head, 28 cm neck and 44 cm chest you would choose a medium. Remember the harness can be quite loose around the neck so allow for a bit of room to make sure you can get the harness over the head easily.
The harnesses can be washed by machine or hand at around 30 degrees and we would advise that you hang them on a line or radiator/airer to dry. We would not recommend that you use a tumble dryer to dry them.